Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NOS Cobra lettered intake manifold. My step father purchased the inventory of British Motors Beverly Hills in the 80's and this was collecting dust on a shelf.

Price: Best offer

Attachments

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
302, 351, FBB? Details man, details!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Considering that this is your only post you should provide more details or else everyone will think you are a fraud. What size engine is it for??
Thanks
I was told that it is for a small block ford and that they were manufactured in the mid 60's through the 70's and were sold through Carol Shelby and hot rod retail "Speed Shops" and mail order. Also, was told that unused genuine vintage cobra parts are quite rare and valuable.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NOS Cobra lettered intake manifold. My step father purchased the inventory of British Motors Beverly Hills in the 80's and this was collecting dust on a shelf.

If anyone would like more pics, I'd be happy to take some and post them.

·
Premium Member
5,825 Posts
Looks a lot like this repro intake from BlueThunder (although I see the flange orinetation is different):

I read somwhere that the flanges were re-oriented (like the ones in your pic) to gain hood clearance in some cars?? Perhaps posting a few more pics (underside as well) would be helpful?

Sean

·
Premium Member
4,627 Posts
You will have better luck selling parts after you been here a while and people get to know you,maybe make your way over to the intro section and give us all the details of your build.

·
Registered
900 Posts
acb,

You'll likely need more details & some pedigree if you hope to realize a big $ sale. Was British Motors Beverly Hills in any way affiliated w/Beverly Hills Motors? IIRC, that was the name of the outfit run by a fellow named J. Brunck(sp?), who teamed up w/Shelby in the 80's to build the "continuation" '66 GT350 convertibles. They by necessity had to tool up a lot of repro bits for those cars, & I believe a lot of the excess was sold over-the-counter. As I say, you definitely need some provenance to establish the credentials of that intake. Experts chime in, please, as it has been a while for me, but didn't the original Cobra valve covers & F4B-style bear Buddy Bar markings in the castings? Were the Weber intakes sourced from Buddy Bar as well?

Best,
Matt

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I really don't know if there was an affiliation. Unfortunately, my step father, who purchased the inventory, passed away from cancer a few years ago. For some reason, he held onto this manifold and didn't sell it along with the rest of the inventory. My mother only remembers him saying that it was an original intake from the 60's and that it was worth at least 2K. The only other manifold that I have found like it was a set up that a guy sold for $5,500 last year.

acb,

You'll likely need more details & some pedigree if you hope to realize a big $ sale. Was British Motors Beverly Hills in any way affiliated w/Beverly Hills Motors? IIRC, that was the name of the outfit run by a fellow named J. Brunck(sp?), who teamed up w/Shelby in the 80's to build the "continuation" '66 GT350 convertibles. They by necessity had to tool up a lot of repro bits for those cars, & I believe a lot of the excess was sold over-the-counter. As I say, you definitely need some provenance to establish the credentials of that intake. Experts chime in, please, as it has been a while for me, but didn't the original Cobra valve covers & F4B-style bear Buddy Bar markings in the castings? Were the Weber intakes sourced from Buddy Bar as well?

Best,
Matt

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here is a pic

I really don't know if there was an affiliation. Unfortunately, my step father, who purchased the inventory, passed away from cancer a few years ago. For some reason, he held onto this manifold and didn't sell it along with the rest of the inventory. My mother only remembers him saying that it was an original intake from the 60's and that it was worth at least 2K. The only other manifold that I have found like it was a set up that a guy sold for $5,500 last year.

Attachments

·
Senior Charter Member
6,800 Posts
Descreption Question

abc,

Not to be too Nit-Picky but....

You describe it as a 2 x 4 manifold (I always thought meant two four barrel carbs).

Shouldn't it be described as a 4 x 2 (four two barrel carbs)?

Good Luck on a quick sale, it looks nice and would look even better in a car.

Regards, Rick.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes, you are correct. This is all a bit new to me and wrote it wrong because I was going off of another posting that I found in the Shelby forums.

Thanks for pointing that out. I appreciate it.
abc,

Not to be too Nit-Picky but....

You describe it as a 2 x 4 manifold (I always thought meant two four barrel carbs).

Shouldn't it be described as a 4 x 2 (four two barrel carbs)?

Good Luck on a quick sale, it looks nice and would look even better in a car.

Regards, Rick.

·
Land Shark!
4,668 Posts
I might be interested in buying it but I'm not going to play 'lets fish for a price'...

If you have a price in mind, post it. If not, well, then we can all make up our own minds...

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
This thread was getting very discourteous to a new member, so the posts that took it off track were deleted. He has a component that one of us may want and I see nothing wrong with his desire to sell it. So let's all act like adults and stay off the thread if there's no interest.

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
1,879 Posts
Dude this thread is 14 years old

1 - 20 of 21 Posts