Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I get a nice looking gear shift knob? The black one from FFR lacks any class at all.

Dick

·
FFCobra Craftsman
3,806 Posts
http://www.mcmaster.com Put p/n 6954K39 into their the search engine. That is a polished stainless steel one. They also have polished aluminum and polished brass. I got the s.s. one a month or so ago. I've only driven 20 miles with it, but it works OK and looks better than the 50 cent plastic thing FFR sends with the kit.

·
Junior Charter Member
363 Posts
If you're into wood working, you can make one out of wood to match the steering wheel. I traded some parts to a friend for one of these and it looks awesome!

drew

·
7,134 Posts
Just remember the thread type when ordering.

Many threads a while back of people who got the wrong thread for their new knob :D :D

Now don't ask me what is correct , cause i don't know, but if you buy from Finishline they will get it right if you tell them FFR.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
871 Posts
Here's a photo of mine that I made out of the 2 1/4" ball from a Kensington Trackball. Drilled and tapped 3/8" x 24. I had to go back later and put a steel sleeve in and re-tap it because the plastic threads just didn't hold up.

I liked the looks of the Fat Knobs, but didn't want to pay the price.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Nice job on that Kensington Track Ball. It looks great for a truly one of a kind knob.

As stated earlier... FinishLine has a great selection of classy shift knobs including some nice looking aluminum knobs with the AC or Cobra Logo in color as well as a multitude of OEM (no shift pattern - the black one you refer to) and OEM style knobs for the T5 (1/2-20 inch thread) with a 5-speed shift pattern. They list large color photos of each in their online catalog.

Here are a couple of shift knobs that are just a “Little” on the wild side...

Cobra Shift Knob...

FlameBall Shift Knobs light up at night...

Personally, I have collected a variety of shift knobs but I still like the original style plain black acrylic shift knob with no pattern to detail out my interior.

FFR Option - 427 Style Gear Shift Knob for the non-functional lockout.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 - 13 of 13 Posts