Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little help would be greatly appreciated. I have MK3.1 complete kit with RF harness and Speed Hut gauges. I have the new style inverter with the separate knob for the gauge lights, The gauge kit and the inverter came with a daisy chain harness one for the grounds and one for the gauges. In looking at the 3 sets of instructions I'm trying to determine how to wire these up. Here is what I have, The RF harness has a black ground and 3 ring terminals on white wires: 2 of the ring terminals have 2 wires in each and one has only one wire (5 white wires in all) They are labeled dash lights.

The inverter has two wires coming from it a black that is to go to ground and a white that is suppose to go to 12V dash lights, the other side of the inverter daisy chains all the grounds together

The gauge harness daisy chains all the gauges together (except the clock) and has 3 wires to be connected, the diagram says black to ground, white to 12V dash lights, and red to 12V keyed.

I'm thinking I have some wires I don't need to connect. Any thought on how to wire it?

Thanks
Paul

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
It's been over a year since I did this so I could be wrong here but the inverter powers just the backlight on the gauges. So you'll use one white wire to power the inverter and you'll just plug in the daisy chain to all the gauges. I don't remember which wire I used but I think it was one of the white ones that is only hot when the light switch is turned on.

As you mentioned the other gauges only need 12 volts to function and those only go hot when the ignition switch is in the on position.

The rest of the white wires you don't need.

Keep in the the the RF harness is designed to work with a variety of different gauges. The Speed Hut stuff is easy to hookup and doesn't need much in terms of power.

Bruce

·
Charter Member
3,866 Posts
342Stroker,
HTH

FFR Gauges
Connect the ends of both white wires of the daisy chain harnesses together.
Connect the ends of both black wires of the daisy chain harnesses together.
That will leave a single red wire.

RF Harness
Connect the white wires to the RF dash harness white wire (gauge illumin)
Connect the black wires to the RF dash harness black wire (ground)
Connect the red wire to the RF dash harness brown wire (gauge feed)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts