Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me source options for Smith replica or similar gauges.I have decided to redo the dash as a winter project. Wheres the best deal???? What works?? I prefer the reverse sweep speedo . :confused: Thanks

·
541 Posts
I've got the Smiths and love the look but if they had the autometer classics or whatever they're called that look almost the same, I'd go with the autometers. I don't know if the speedometer reverses but, you can always just get the smith speedo.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,852 Posts
You can get Smiths gauges from Nisonger. Link is on my427sc.com web page. However mine have been ordered since June. I'm not sure why they are taking so long. FFR carries them and I'm told gets them from Nisonger
good luck
TEC

·
FFCobra Fanatic
547 Posts
The classic gauges has the reverse speedo. Just about all the vendors on this forum sells them. And, for a reasonable price!
Larry

·
Registered
153 Posts
spaz,
I just swapped out the original donor gauges in 1108 for the new Autometer Cobra series. They are an Autometer copy of the Smith's gauges including the reverse 180 MPH speedo.
Autometer sales tells me that there are only four dealers for these gauges, Highland Daytona Racing, Kirkham Motorsports, FFR and Tristates Motorsports. I bought mine from HDR. FFR was still testing their's. Make sure you get the proper adapters for the mechanical hook ups, the proper "90 degree REVERSE" adapter for the speedo and the right fuel gauge for the Mustang sender, 16ohms empty and 158ohms full. I believe Tristates has the best price.
billk

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
BillK, did you have any problems using the stock holes in the dash?
I've heard the holes are a little too big. I'm running the donor gauges, and am considering changing to Autometers.
Thanks,
RR

·
FFCobra Fanatic
5,522 Posts
They fit perfectly in the holes in the donor dash...I advised a friend to purchase these and he had the donor gauge dash. They work nice and fit right in. Tristates has these, I bought them about a month and a half ago to upgrade my S&W's. I am doing the complete dash over so mine will be for sale pretty soon! Good Luck.. I think these may be available during the 3 day sale coming in a couple days. Wait and see!

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts