Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After going over budget on my build I'm still trying to save my factory gauges. Am I missing something or can I throw out the gauge pod and connect the wiring directly to the gauges. The connection design FFR uses isn't the greatest and the spagetti mess the jumpmers creates is the sloppiest part of my build.

Any ideas or help would be great,

jb

·
FFCobra Craftsman
3,806 Posts
A lot of people dispense with the pod and wire the gauges direct. I can't really offer any insight, as I didn't use the donor gauges.

·
Junior Charter Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pab,

I'm down to a fuel gauge that isn't working. I did not have any luck trying to use the gauge pod. Regardless, this mess has to be redone. I guess I'm in the market for a set of gauges and a new dash cover.

Thanks,

jb

·
Registered
20 Posts
When you get rid of the pod, is there a way to keep the anti-slosh circuitry? Will it work with aftermarket gauges anyway?

·
FFCobra Fanatic
378 Posts
I am using donor gauges, so I can't answer the aftermarket question. To mount my slosh module, I cut that corner of the pod off including one pod mounting tab. I mounted the chunk of pod off one of the gauge mounting screws. I slipped the +, -, 'from sender', and 'to gauge' wires under the module terminals. When I clipped the module into the chunk of pod, the wires clamped pretty well. Clear as mud? It was easy and free.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts