Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember a thread on this subject where "Sealing Washers" were used on the bulkhead connectors that make up the crossover hose at the bottom of the gas tanks. I can't find those washers anywhere local. They're 1" I.D., rubber with a metal O.D. and look like large oil pan drain washers.

Does anybody know where I can order these?

· Registered
1,062 Posts
You should be able to find a suitable replacement at any auto parts store.
As long as you find something with similar dimensions, it will be fine.

I would also encourage you to seal the threads with a fuel safe epoxy on
the inner, and outer side of the fitting.

· Registered
96 Posts
I remember a thread on this subject where "Sealing Washers" were used on the bulkhead connectors that make up the crossover hose at the bottom of the gas tanks. I can't find those washers anywhere local. They're 1" I.D., rubber with a metal O.D. and look like large oil pan drain washers.

I have these on my car, They work great and no leaks at all after install. Shane a VRaptor Speedworks sells these.

· Premium Member
9,127 Posts
Hi,
I sell these sealing washers. How many do you need?

· Registered
1,380 Posts

McMaster Carr 93783A051 Pressure-Sealing Washer for Screws & Bolts 1" Screw Size, 1.76" OD, .05"-.07" Thk

· Registered
549 Posts
No leaks

If you have access to a lathe, just cut some groves in the AN fittings that FF supplied and install O-rings. No need for any glue/sealant and easy to install.:001_smile:
Robert GTM 407

· Registered
1,380 Posts
If you have access to a lathe, just cut some groves in the AN fittings that FF supplied and install O-rings. No need for any glue/sealant and easy to install.:001_smile:
Robert GTM 407
Pictures?

How were you able to have a tolerance that allowed the fitting to be inserted into the tank without disturbing the o-ring yet will not leak?

If a 1" hole is made the fitting has to cut threads to be inserted. What size hole did you use?

· Registered
549 Posts
Here's a pic of the nut still in my lathe. It's really only the o-ring on the outside of the tank that matters since fuel will always migrate past the threads...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.