Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I used a Summit Racing fuel cell and put it into the trunk of my LA Exotics Cobra, and I have a continuous gas smell in the trunk. There is not a wet spot, so it appears to be just fumes, but it does concern me as my battery is also located in the trunk.

There are three nipples on the cell, one connects to the external fuel pump, one is the vent? and I just capped off the third one. There is a sensor connection and the filler neck to complete the fuel cell package.

I used some sudsy water around the hoses and seals, then used an air hose to expand the tank through the vent hose and looked for bubbles, but could not locate the source of the smell.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you

·
Pro FFR Builder and Moderator
14,708 Posts
I would look at where you have the vent vented to. It needs to run to somewhere outside on the trunk area. Also check to see if you have a cap with a vent in it. I know that is common for some of the plastic cells out there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the vent going out of the trunk to the gap between the trunk and the back wall of the cockpit. The filler cap is vented. I used an aluminum RCI 2172A fuel cell.

Thank you for replying

1 - 3 of 3 Posts