Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a solution to the gas pedal and brake pedal being so close together, when I lift my foot off the gas to brake my foot hits both the brake pedal and the gas pedal which is not a good thing. Any solution.s

·
Registered
184 Posts
Is there a solution to the gas pedal and brake pedal being so close together, when I lift my foot off the gas to brake my foot hits both the brake pedal and the gas pedal which is not a good thing. Any solution.s
I did a couple things to address this problem. They are both easier if your car is not finished. First I cut a section out of the trans tunnel right where my right foot is when on the gas and glassed in a recessed area so my foot could move to the right some. Next I replaced the stock gas pedal with a Lokar pedal. It's about 1/2" wider at the pivot point so that moves your pedal to the right a little, about 1/4". I also put the gas pedal in my vice and bent the arm that the pedal connects too a little to the right. All of these things together solved my problem.
Let me know if you need any more detail
Steve

DSCN1231.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did a couple things to address this problem. They are both easier if your car is not finished. First I cut a section out of the trans tunnel right where my right foot is when on the gas and glassed in a recessed area so my foot could move to the right some. Next I replaced the stock gas pedal with a Lokar pedal. It's about 1/2" wider at the pivot point so that moves your pedal to the right a little, about 1/4". I also put the gas pedal in my vice and bent the arm that the pedal connects too a little to the right. All of these things together solved my problem.
Steve

View attachment 357660

·
First Time Builder
292 Posts
So the issue for me is not the pedal spacing, and I don’t believe it is pedal spacing for most, although the solution typically is narrower pedals. For me it is my wide feet. I buy a 4E shoe whenever possible, and when I try to press the brake pedal I contact either the gas or the clutch, or both. My solution? I bought driving shoes from Amazon. They are much narrower and my feet contact only one pedal at a time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Steve

View attachment 357660
Steve

View attachment 357660

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Steve

View attachment 357660

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Steve for the info., I have still not installed the carpet so I will try your solution.Thanks again

·
Registered
292 Posts
The first week I drove the Cobra was rough. I just could not get my size 11 feet to work. After that, it was not issue. Actually, now I like the placement. I can heel toe much easier in the Cobra vs my M3.

I still have issues with my 72 Beetle. I usually just drive barefoot. The worse was after dealing with over an hour of traffic to get to work, I look over and see that I did not bring my shoes. I had to hide in my cubicle the whole day. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts