Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have reposted this as a new topic since I wasn't sure if anyone was looking through the old post. Here is my post on the other thread:

Nick and Georgie,

I love em! My wife may actually go for more rides with me. I'm very impressed with the exhaust noise reduction. They were definately worth the wait.

As promised I am uploading a quickly put together file on sound reduction on my motor. I have edited it several times due to size but its still almost 7 meg. The video does not do justice to the reduction in exhaust noise.

Enjoy.

Dial up users might beware.
Gas-N-SST-Side-Pipes

Link fixed. Sorry guys :rolleyes:

[ March 10, 2007, 11:03 PM: Message edited by: Bunkie314 ]

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,626 Posts
Bunkie, add the link. By the way, my wife really loves the reduction in bite.

·
Charter Member
2,035 Posts
Excellent! Thanks for the video Bunkie. I'm planning to try and get mine mounted in the next week so I can hear 'em live. It's supposed to warm up a bit next week here so that will help.

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
Here's mine with FFR pipes with Lobaks.
390 w/Edelbrock heads, crane 343941 cam(216*/228* @.050)(.533/563) BT intake w/holley 750street HP.
Will be back when Gas-n's are on.
Click on pic to play.

[ March 17, 2007, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: convincor ]

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You know what we should do?!?!

A clip of the FFR pipes, A clip of Convincor's lobaks, and a clip each on Convincor's and My car.

Get organized and simulate the same conditions for both cars. What do you think?

·
Banned
6,100 Posts
I think you all should use a decibel meter too. Apparently they have them at Radio shack for around 40.00 and they are fairly accurate.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Still pretty loud driving around today with mine. I like it a lot better though. Several people made comments that it is not as "Raspy" as the FFR pipes. Took out more of the high pitch crackle. Hard to discribe the difference.

How do you like em?

·
Banned
6,100 Posts
I know the ones i had were definately still loud. they were quieter at idle, but once at regular speed, they had this resonating tone that was very loud. Just my .02

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
They almost seem louder than the Lobaks. Maybe not.The tone is much deeper. You feel the sound, like keeping the volume the same but turn the base up all the way. When I first got them on and fired it in the garage at 2am :rolleyes: (just for a second) the wife told me later that morning of course that she thought see heard thunder during the night
The Lobaks have a sound like something with no muffler, or open headers but don't seem as loud. Won't be going for a ride any time soon, just got 10" of snow :(

·
Feng Shui Master
1,224 Posts
Bunkie,
Thanks for the video.
It sounds very good with the SS pipes.

·
Charter Member
6,161 Posts
I have them. I think they are the same loudness but a much lower pitch sound. THe lower pitch sound doesnt hurt my ears. I love them. Its so cool, they shake everything around you.
Something about the FFR pipes hurt my ears. I think its the higher screaming pitch they have.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,626 Posts
The pipes are still authoritatively loud but the bite isn't as bad. My best description of the loud sound is resonance. I still use ear plugs when driving and suggest that everyone else do likewise. I have already been asked why I wear ear plugs and my response is that I always wear ear plugs when shooting or doing any other loud activities, why should this be any different?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts