Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It might be worth checking out, I see this Wed. at 10p Garage Sguad on Motor Trend TV features a roadster completion. Don't know make or MK#
JR

·
FFCobra Craftsman
22,141 Posts
I thought I caught a cobra in one of their ads. I will record it. Thanks for the heads up JR.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,708 Posts
I just looked and Directv has it listed at 10 pm on Wed?? I set it to tape so we'll see.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Yeah, caught a glimpse of the frame and it looked like a hot mess, though I could be wrong.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Since Jeff mentioned heaven forbid Street Beast I've been following a build on youtube on petes garage he's been building it for quite a while among his other projects. In the beginning he wasn't very kind on it's quality and I don't blame him. I think he has improved what he had to work with quite a bit.
JR

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just looked and Directv has it listed at 10 pm on Wed?? I set it to tape so we'll see.
Thanks Dave my error.
JR

·
Registered
18 Posts
Since Jeff mentioned heaven forbid Street Beast I've been following a build on youtube on petes garage he's been building it for qiute a while among his other projects. In the beginning he wasn't very kind on it's quality and I don't blame him. I think he has improved what he had to work with quite a bit.

JR
I've been to Pete's house. He's a great guy! He's some 45 minutes away from me. did you know he's supposed to races high School classmate any drag race? He's supposed to race a McLaren 720 and the guy that owns that, he owns a couple hotels down in Buffalo. Yeah she collects cars he actually drove a IndyCar down the street with the license plate in the hooked up license plate to drive it into the hotel lobby..

We have guys here with exotics at like to play with them and they'll race you...

I don't think Pete has enough for the McLaren. I told him that. he thinks he's at 2100 lb with his 487 horsepower said it's about a hundred and quarter out of that. So he'll be off more than a second and a half or so..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
859 Posts
Since Jeff mentioned heaven forbid Street Beast I've been following a build on youtube on petes garage he's been building it for qiute a while among his other projects. In the beginning he wasn't very kind on it's quality and I don't blame him. I think he has improved what he had to work with quite a bit.
JR
I watch him too. We have talked and texted back and forth. His street beast does not compare to the factory five. Yes he seems to have modified it alot. He had videos about how much trouble hes gone through just ordering and getting it.

·
Junior Charter Member
193 Posts
GS

Well that was an hour I shall never get back. This is why I do not watch these shows. Every body is a comedian. 10 min of wrenching and 50 min of dribble.

Krusty out

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
It was very disappointing. It did not reflect well on the "kit-car" community.
The format of the show did not help. Generally that show is hard to watch.

·
Junior Charter Member
3,114 Posts
They supposedly did all of the work in a week. Heck, it would take that long just to figure out what parts you needed, order them, and the get them shipped. Nice that they helped the owner out, but the show sucked.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have it recorded and still want to watch it, but the format of this show is always more about emotions than wrenches, not my favorite. My favorite cobra car show episode was a few years ago when Wheeler Dealers got a kit legal in the U.K.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I recorded it also and was totally disappointed. I too wish these shows were more about the cars than the people. As far as the parts go, I think they order all of the parts in advance and plan it all including decorating the garages with old traffic signs and such and then the "acting" begins.
JR

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
That was terrible. That show should be canceled, the hosts are a joke. The quality of the work is awful, the job they did with the carpet install was embarrassing.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,708 Posts
X2 on the poor carpet job. That mess had more wrinkles than my 102 year old father.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Noticed in the credits that listed 2 "hosts" 1 "builder" the three face people & another 3 or so unseen mechanics.

Show is a waste of time. Carpet sucked & said it all. Don't watch any of these car shows in real time. Used fast forward for most of it.:smile2:

Same formula for most. Nice project, not enough time, conflict within the crew, unrealistic deadline approaching, all hands on deck, major thash, last minute big problem, fix the problem, deliver the car on time, car owner cries.:crying2:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts