Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience with a DIY garage floor epoxy or polyurea? I’m not talking about the water-based $100 kits from Home Depot,
the real stuff. I have a 2-car garage and do light auto work like oil changes, brakes, nothing crazy.
I do park in the garage, especially in winter.
Professional installers near me charge $8-$10/sq.ft.
I’m thinking of one of the products below; a company based in NJ and good customer service.
I do plan on renting a concrete floor grinder to prep the floor instead of acid etching.
Total cost all in with rental and materials about $1200-$1300.
Does anyone have experience or suggestions?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Does anyone have experience with a DIY garage floor epoxy or polyurea? I’m not talking about the water-based $100 kits from Home Depot,
the real stuff. I have a 2-car garage and do light auto work like oil changes, brakes, nothing crazy.
I’m thinking of one of the products below; a company based in NJ and good customer service.
I do plan on renting a concrete floor grinder to prep the floor instead of acid etching.
Does anyone have experience or suggestions for garage flooring las vegas?
thanks in advance for any help

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I’ve epoxied the floors in all of my garages. The best epoxies I’ve used are from ArmorCoat and U-Coatit. I think ArmorCoat holds up better but it is more expensive than the U-Coatit. All of the floors I etched with diluted muratic acid and have had very good results.
Wood Architecture Flooring Floor Interior design

Wood Flooring Floor Font Chair

Reactions: thwrightstuff

·
Registered
1 Posts
For what it's worth, I built my house 17 years ago. Before I moved in I decided to paint the floor using an epoxy paint I got from Griot's Garage. I followed the instructions, pressure washing the concrete to remove ant loose surface bits and then scrubbing the floor down with muriatic acid. After the prep work, I laid down three coats of paint. Over the ensuing years I beat that floor like a rented mule maintaining and restoring old sports cars and now building a Daytona Coupe and while I've managed to gouge the concrete dragging an engine and transmission across the surface, the paint has never failed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone have experience or suggestions?
I used a solvent based material from Home Depot which looks great and has held up very well. I acid etched and flushed first. Cost about $1. SF. Good luck with your project.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts