Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where did you get your fuse boxes? Am I supposed to use the one from the donor? Did one come with my kit? Or is this something extra I need to buy. If so, from where? I saw painless has some for street rods I could use. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
You need to be more specific. A signature line would help you get quick answers.

Kit number?, 5.0 or 4.6 donor?, If you are using a donor car the fuse box will already be integrated in the harness.

Roger

·
6,654 Posts
Hi Bill,

If you're going donor-EFI, you'll most likely go with your donor wiring harness that has been dieted. (either by you or one of the vendors here)

If you're not doing the above, you'll probably use a Painless or American Autowire 12 circuit kit. They are pretty much functional equivalents. If you get the carb option from FFR, you'll get the harness and fusebox and I think they are shipping the AAW version right now. If you choose to buy the Painless one, there are vendors on here that sell them a little cheaper than you can get them for at Summit or equivalent.

HTH!

...and yep, a sig line would be good!

Randy :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts