Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had luck with this design of the FF fuel tank without an in tank pump for EFI or is the consensus still to go with the Boyd tank

Attachments

·
Junior Charter Member
709 Posts
I'm using the FFR tank. I welded in baffles, moved the fuel level sensor to the top of the tank and welded in bungs for all connections. All is well so far

Chuck

·
Registered
57 Posts
fuel tank

If I had to do it all over again, I would put a fuel cell in the trunk. This would allow you to get to the fuel pump if it ever went bad, without taking the car apart to get to the tank. Tom :icon18:

·
Junior Charter Member
593 Posts
If I had to do it all over again, I would put a fuel cell in the trunk. This would allow you to get to the fuel pump if it ever went bad, without taking the car apart to get to the tank. Tom :icon18:
I'm putting a fuel cell in mine. It also creates the space for back braces on your roll bar.

-Matthew

·
Senior Charter Member
794 Posts
My tank doesn't look bad at all. The only concern to me is filling the tank. I don't think there is any way I will ever get a full tank because the fill point now is so low. But, will see how it goes on go carting it.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I'm putting a fuel cell in mine. It also creates the space for back braces on your roll bar.

-Matthew
I'm putting a 15 Gal RCI fuel cell in mine, down low and behind the 4 link.
Even with my shocks moved in board a bit there is still plenty of room.

There are pics in the gallery of the frame changes/cage I made around where my tank will go and I will have more pics in there once I hang the tank in it.
DB

·
Junior Charter Member
709 Posts
sorry unable to upload photos

chuck

·
Registered
51 Posts
tank

I moved my trunk hinges outboard approx. 3.8" each side, removed the back wall,resealed the space,and made a new large (23gal) slide out tank. Going to make a 2nd gen. out of stainless steel next. I'm using a modified 04' mustang pump/sender, with a driver for the PCM. 12k miles on it now.
No worries (still have the unused stock tank)
Ken

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.