Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. 50th question of the day. I think my tanks are 02 from a Z06. They really don't look like ether of the tanks in the manual. Seems they have More tubes and hoses and such.

Can I use these tanks?

Do I follow the manual for tho 02 tanks?

Looking through my boxes I don't see a crossover line. I'm assuming its a donor part?

Auto part

Auto part Bumper Vehicle

Do I need these two fuel lines with these tanks?
Vehicle Car

Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

· Premium Member
11,847 Posts
I would not do the Large line cross over. (the one you drill and put AN line on)

The manual shows the siphon pump cross overs, I would use (only need one) and then just run the return to the same side as the pump. The only down side is slow fill for both tanks. It take a little to figure out what goes where but it works great. HTH, Richard.

· Premium Member
13,268 Posts
There is a purpose and reason that FFR recommends/supplies the -12 AN cross-over hose. If you hook up the hard lines/jet-pump, what will happen is the jet pump will eventually over-fill the pump tank and spew fuel out the fuel cap and all over the side of the car. I have the exact tanks you have pictured and used those to develop the kit to replace the sender/jet pump on the GTM Driver's tank, and (thanks to Richard Oben) have the seals to seal the FFR-supplied AN fittings to the tank and the plate provided in this kit:

Fuel Tank Cross-Over Kit

This gets rid of both hard lines (that you have pictured above), eliminates the connections to and from the jet pump, provides a mounting location for the AN fitting on the GTM Driver's tank, provides all the seals needed for the AN fittings on both tanks.

You should have a small, flat box from FFR that has a length of -12 AN hose, two AN 90 degree hose ends, and two threaded AN male fittings. You will need those parts for use with the kit linked above.

· Registered
211 Posts
Yes I can confirm, without a crossover pipe the passenger tank will overfill (when the tanks are over 50% filled). The fuel gauge will not read the right amount of fuel either when driving, because the two fuel senders are wired in parallel and when one tank is filled more than the other, the reading gets messed up.

Eugen

· Premium Member
11,847 Posts
Not if you remove the siphon pump they will not.

The vette had the large cross over we do not, that means the pump should be removed or not fed or the cross over, if you remove the split in the return there is no feed to the siphon pump. It just goes back to the tank the fuel came out of. Hook up the output of what was the siphon pump to the tanks and cap the supply to the siphon tank. All done, the only down side is you do not get the last gallon out of the now driver tank.

We have done it both ways. Drilling the holes in the tank is just a bad idea. If you want the cross over get the aluminum custom tanks. JMHO, YMMV. Richard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.