Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
ff cobra master craftsman
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does any one with the new cell know if the sender
is accurate for the autometer fuel guage or did
you have to adjust it and what is the procedure?

·
Senior Charter Member
358 Posts
Hi Wrench, you wont know until you completly fill the tank, at that point adjust the full potentiometer (pot) "slowly" located top left hand side of sending unit until it reads full. Perform the same procedure for the empty reading when you first power up the unit it's located just to the right of the full pot, that way you know it's empty. You may have to adjust the settings after it has cycled full to empty a couple of times. Later :cool:

Rick

·
Premium Member
11,853 Posts
It should work the same as the coupe. I put two gallons in the tank and set the low limit with the gauge just off of empty. This took a little fine tuning with the screw driver. Much later on, I then went to gas station and filled it. Went back to the shop and set the full limit, again with several fine tuning touches of the little screw driver. Did both on a level surface and have had no issues yet. I get to about 1/4 tank and put fuel in, usually about 10 gallons. So 1/4 is more like 1/3 but I can live with that If I get closer to empty the gauge is more accurate, for example almost empty is really almost out of fuel. FFR wants you to take the sender out and set the limit in a bucket of gasoline with 12 volts on the sender. That sounded too risky for me so I did the above. HTH, Cheers Richard.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts