Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Builders Lackey
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I switched mid-stream and went from EFI to Carb so I have a couple of questions regarding my fuel delivery options. I have already run the fuel and return line, and have a donor tank off a 1990.

1. Do they make a all in one unit i.e fuel pickup with sender unit so I can wire the fuel gauge up and replace the in tank fuel pump with an external electric fuel pump?

2. If not, do I just wire the fuel gauge to the existing sending unit that is seperate of the in tank pump and pick up.

3. Would it be easiest just to keep the entire setup and get a fuel pressure regulator?

Sorry if that was confusing, but you are dealing with the mechanically challenged

-Shawn

·
Senior Charter Member
3,085 Posts
1. Haven't seen a combined unit. Breeze sells a carb pick-up, I think.

2. This seems to be the easiest route and works fine. Although I would check the sender and make sure it hasn't worn thru in spots. If so it will jump all over and suck. I am much happier with my fuel gauge after replacing a worn out sender.

3. Since you have all the lines run just getting a return style regulator may be the easiest solution. I believe Mallory makes a decent return style regulator.

·
section 8
5,136 Posts
The sender is separate from the the pickup Granatelli and some others sell pickups with both feed and return fittings. Wire the gage to the sender . Bob

·
Builders Lackey
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great thanks for the info.

I think I will stick with the existing units and get the pressure regulator.

Do I still need to use a return line with this setup?

Thanks for the help

-Shawn

·
Senior Charter Member
3,085 Posts
If you stay with the EFI pump, absolutely keep the return line.

Non return style regulators tend to fail due to the very high pressures an EFI pump can generate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts