Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to buy a fuel pump for my Mk3 cobra. I've got a fuel injected Ford 302 small block. I have no idea what I should buy. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

·
Ohio C-car Club
3,686 Posts
Mark,

If I remember, you have the Complete kit. The tank from the kit is a 86-94 style tank. Just get a replacement style in tank fuel pump, with strainer, pickup and hanger assembly. The later models were 180 lph. Many people have recommended stepping up to a higher flow 255 lph for future needs.

HtH
Scott

·
Banned
7,701 Posts
The stock fuel pump was 80 lph (maybe 88 lph, can't quite remember), but you might as well get bigger, in case you decide to make engine modifications later. I have a 155 lph in my car. Might as well get a 190 or 255 lph, so you'll forever be covered no matter what you do to the engine.

Greg

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
I put in a 155lph. It should match up with my planned upgrades to get to 280-300 rwhp. If you are thinking of much more than #24 injectors and heads your should do the 190 or 255 now.

There are formuli to figure out fuel requirements to get to a certian hp range. Fuel burn efficiency, delivery requirements, etc to get what you want.

Chapter 6 of Tom Wilson's How to Build and Modify Ford Fuel Injected 5.0 liter V-8 Engines is all about the fuel delivery systems and what the tradeoffs are.

·
Premium Member
6,412 Posts
I don't think you'll be able to get the complete setup at the auto parts store...They will only carry the actual pump, and chances are it will be 110 lph maximum...You will need the complete cage and pickup assembly , as noted above, and that will have to come from an aftermarket supplier, or a Ford dealer , like Max , at 5-Star, or Mark, at Breeze (our forum vendors).

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
i got that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bbk 1607 in stock now $129 summit $119 @ forte's call to order
508-875-0016

have the rest of the parts as well............ just have to find them

oh wait there they are

1 - 7 of 7 Posts