Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fuel pump does not run when key is on. My car has the internal fuel pump in the tank. Pump does run when i have a hot wire to it so i know it is good. In the FFR manual page 95 it mentions fuel pump relay ground near the seat area, i dont have anything like this only some connectors, did i forget to take the relay out of the donor car?

·
FFCobra Craftsman
3,806 Posts
What year harness do you have? Do you have a 4-pin connector with a R/BK, O/LB, T/LG, and two PK/BK wires in it? These are the colors of the wires that go to the fuel pump relay on an '89 harness. Perhaps Ford relocated the relay on later years. I know the Ford Motorsport EFI conversion harness has the fuel pump relay in the engine compartment. Also, do you have all the fuseable links attached to the battery side of the starter relay? A blue 20 gauge link powers the EEC relay, which in turn powers the coil of the fuel pump relay. A brown 18 gauge link powers the fuel pump.

[ August 04, 2002, 01:54 AM: Message edited by: PAB ]

·
Senior Charter Member
405 Posts
Andy, also check the inertia switch which should be in the harness in the trunk area. If it is tripped you will get no juice to the fuel pump.

Dave

[ August 04, 2002, 12:41 PM: Message edited by: David Santi ]

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
2,034 Posts
Do you have the ground wire on the tail light harness hooked up? It is in the middle between the tail lights. You have one at the starter relay also. On the donor harness it went to the battery ground cable with a single pin connector (pretty good size). Hope this helps,
Jeff Hamilton

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.