Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a fuel pressure switch that would operate similar to the inertia switch in that in the case of a significant pressure drop(a failed union or other fuel supply component) that it would cut power to the fuel pump?

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,315 Posts
I've never heard of a system like this being installed.

The more common one is an oil pressure switch that cuts the fuel pump. This makes sure there is oil pressure before the engine starts on cranking. Once running, it acts to cut the engine if oil pressure drops dangerously low.

- SB

·
Master "Gear Head"
434 Posts
Yes, it is used on N20 systems to close the nitrous and fuel solenoids if fuel pressure goes below a certain pressure level. It's called a Hobbs switch and you can get them with different fuel pressure ratings (say for carb or EFI) and some are adjustable. Problem on EFI is how to set it up to work when the engine is cranking and the pressure is just starting to build and so on. It is simply a way to break a connection (typically to ground) based on pressure.

·
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I can get it from there. I just don't like the transition point from the FFR steel to braided lines. That's on the passenger side where my wife is and she's the only one I have.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts