Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!! I understand the manual when it comes to double flaring the stainless tubing which is provided. Am I also supposed to double flare the fuel filter and the fuel rails off the engine? The fuel pump leads are not flared, Do I have to flare them also if I do not have the oem stuff?
I have installed a 190lph fuel pump if this impacts the scenerio!
Thanks
Bill

·
FFCobra Craftsman
949 Posts
If using AN fittings, only a 37 degree flare is needed. If running a hose to a hard line, I did a double flare on the end of the hard line to create a bib-like effect for sealing with the hose clamp. Also the double flare will not have a sharp edge like a single would.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Al
Did you flare the fuel filter and the nipples coming off fuel tank??
Thanks
Bill

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anybody?????

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,575 Posts
You can use AN fittings on the fuel lines from the engine to the new lines you ran from the tank. You'll need AN fittings to do this part without using any flared fittings or flaring the lines. The rear is a little different.

On the lines the come from the engine you should double flare them to get a "bulb" type end. It won't be but that's o.k. Push a piece of high pressure fuel line over it. It will be hard to do. Then secure with EFI hose clamps on each line. On the filter end, go to Ford and get the ends that slip over the stock filter (if that's what you're using). Push the hose over the end of the fitting and clamp. You can do the same for the lines going to the tank. The Ford ends come either straight or 90° so you can custom route your lines. The other option is to slit the hard plastic line you have from the donor stuff and use the ends. Just cut enough to get the ends out. They are barbed but you'll be using a clamp as well.

I think I have pictures on my build site showing some of this. If you have questions, email me and I'll help you out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts