Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering is it possible to use the donor fuel lines? Not that I want to use old lines but am curious if its possible. The lines and fittings that Ron Morris sells what would I be looking at for price for everything?

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
I think Ron's complete kit is around $150 or so.

Worth it...I didn't feel like trying to bend & flare all the fuel line. Other than the work it take to press in those black plastic connectors...it's a very simple install.

You can see some pictures of my fuel lines installed here: http://www.mindspring.com/~dans-cobra/oct03.htm

·
Junior Charter Member
1,224 Posts
I went to the trouble of bending both lines and getting them mocked up only to decide I did not like the look or the fact there was rubber hose to steel tube connections. I also went with Ron Morris lines and extremely glad I did.

·
Premium Member
1,883 Posts
Your kit should come with 3/8 and 5/16 hard line. Using the donor lines isn't really functinoal because of all the pre-bends--you'll play hell getting them worked to go where they need to and the will look like sh#$. I've never seen Ron M.'s set up, but I can tell you for the cost of it I am much happier with my investment in steel braided lines and AN fittings for use inside the engine compartment (I am ruuning a carb though).

Straightening (it comes in a roll) and bending the FFR fule line was a drag but IMO well worth it. I just finished mine yesterday and boy howdy doody the are COOL 9oh yeah, and functional)

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,500 Posts
i used the rubber lines from the mustang tank connections, they were in good shape. no one sees them under there anyway. connect them up to a new fuel filter then connect the other end up to the new ffr fuel lines.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts