Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may sound stupid,but does anyone know who has 7/16"insulated clamps for 3/8" fuel lines?The ones that came with the kit are 3/16"and the others are too big 3/4"?.Longacre has 5/16"and 9/16",no 7/16".

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dpmac-Went there,did a few searches,found some cool stuff,but not what I was looking for.Which category should I look in?

·
Premium Member
6,654 Posts
Got mine at Home Depot. They are rubber grommetted steel.

Electrical section.

·
1,569 Posts
Joe:

what tool did you use to flare your lines? Not to hijack this post but I've read that 37* is required when flaring fuel lines with AN fittings. I've found the 37* tools to be quite expensive. I tested using a 45* tool on a scrap piece of line but the tube kept slipping as the flaring part was twisted down. Use a tool from HF. Did you have to heat up the line?

Curtis

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Curtis-Sorry,but I was talking about fuel lines.I'm going to use Tri-state's brake lines.
The search is over,I found some cool plastic ones.They're made from some black nylon-like material,really hug the line,and make a real clean installation.Pack of 15 was like $1.50 (tax included),and they weigh nothing!

·
1,569 Posts
Joe:

I'm talking about fuel lines as well. The coiled roll that came with the kit needs to be flared for AN fittings.

Curtis

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
How about these line clamps? You can put a little shrink wrap around the line if you want to insulate it.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Curtis-No flares,I used a Russell fitting,one part slides over the line,an olive goes next,then other part,tighten it up,done!Just be sure to use a tubing cutter for a square cut,and deburr the inside edge of the tube.Aeroquip and Earl's make them ,too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.