Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to upgrade the stock fuel filter that was included in my MK4 complete package. I would like a fuel filter with threaded ends instead of the barb type that was on the stock one. Also, what are the pros and cons of a fuel filter whereby the inner filter material can be replaced? If someone can suggest a specific part number for an upgraded fuel filter I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

·
Registered
591 Posts

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
I got one from JEGS that I use on my Coupe (carbed motor) which has a 20 micron screen in it that can be disassembled and cleaned or replaced. You can also get them with a paper element that is replaceable.
So far no problems just mount it between the fuel pump and the carb and you should be good to go. If you are running a carb you can also get filtered inlet fittings which have the same removable screens. When I first built my car I had a filter before the fuel pump and picked up a few small pieces of rubber from installing AN fittings that fouled the needle seats and flooded my motor PITA to clean and reset at an Auto-x.
HTH
CB

1 - 3 of 3 Posts