Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like everything is in the way on an IRS when looking for a spot to mount the fuel filter. I have tried the 3/4" cross bar that runs between the 2x3 and the FF recommended place on the 2x3. The line is either too close to the trunk floor panel and has a rist of kinking or restricting flow, or too close to the shock. Please help. Pictures would be great if you have them. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
10,474 Posts
I'm having the same problem.
I was considering mounting up in the engine compartment.
Anyplace I've tried in the back would be next to impossible to change the filter.

·
Cobra Crazy
845 Posts
Here is where I put mine. You can reach it from underneath the car.

·
Banned
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Richard, I am using the Breeze battery box up in the front, so that won't work. Thanks anyway.

LowCountry - I thought about that spot and will likely use it, but I was concerned about routing the fuel line around that shock. Are you running the fuel line up the driver's side and if so, why??? Love the braided lines..Beautiful. Nice floor too.

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
Just another suggestion. Reachable from underneath the car and allows a reasonable run of the lines away from the larger moving or breaking part risks.

Some things to consider -- you might at some point need to pull the diff out -- MK II's guys know what an awkward thing this is, so carefull how "permanently" you mount things in that precious space, battery boxes, filter mounts and all that kind of thing... Also if the shafts or joints fail at any kind of speed, things can get dinged if the boots don't remain intact (ask me how I know) so might want to minimize exposure of lines and parts etc. to the immediate area of the rotating parts....

Bill

·
Banned
5,303 Posts
mine is on a 3/4" tube just in front of the gas tank, in the middle. its a little tight to reach up there but i do it.

james

·
FFR Craftsman
5,834 Posts
I did mine like Rich suggested but I would reommend using a taper screw and taper the holes at the bottom of the battery box:

Prior to this, I got a piece of steel and made up a moutning plate (I wasnt' thinking about the battery box at the time) and if you're not doing the battery box, this might be something to look into doing:

HTH

1 - 9 of 9 Posts