·
Charter Member
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How did you get the 1 3/4" ID extension on the almost 2" filler? Thanks, Karl

·
Registered
725 Posts
Don't get ya! You cut the filler tube into two and join them together with the supplied rubber hose. It basically extends what you already have.

·
Charter Member
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How did you get the rubber hose to fit over the filler tube after it was cut? The rubber tube ID is smaller then the OD of the filler tube.

·
Registered
11,828 Posts

what year is your filler tube? here is a '90GT. mine was no problem. i used a little spit and it slid right in. (no jokes please)

be sure to remove the inner rubber emissions tube, if equipped.

·
Charter Member
1,646 Posts
My only question about the fuel filler neck is where to cut it, is there a measurement for where to cut?
Thanks,
Lile

·
Charter Member
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hindsight, It is not the right hose. The one FF sent is a radiator hose, not fuel safe. Is there a use for a straight, 12", piece of 1 3/4" radiator hose?

Went to NAPA and bought a 12" piece of 2" fuel hose.

Thanks, guys!

·
FFCobra Fanatic
12,975 Posts
KG without looking thru the manual can't say for sure where the 12" peice of hose was used. Do remember a napa part number being listed in the manual for the fuel filer hose extension. Yes it probally is just a radiator hose,but never heard of a problem from useing it for filler/gas.
Probally never touch's the gas unless filling the tank. Never thought of the compatability issue?

·
4,342 Posts
Even if it didn't touch the gas, fumes could be an issue. I would only use fuel rated hose here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts