Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I didn't take a picture or note the connection prior to removing the canister from my donor. Does anyone know where other end of the small connection on the canister goes? Thanks.

Here's a diagram with the solution incase anyone else needs it. It is connected to the EVAP purge valve (under the fuel rail Drivers side).

Attachments

·
Registered
403 Posts
Vidal,
There are three connections at the canister. The center large one is from the tank (TANK) The one you are pointing to goes to the EVAP canister purge valve located next to the fuel rail on the engine intake manifold (PURGE) and the third one is supposed to go to the EVAP canister vent valve (AIR) HTH
Keith

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vidal,
The one you are pointing to goes to the EVAP canister purge valve located next to the fuel rail on the engine intake manifold (PURGE)
Keith
Keith,
Thanks, but I'm still a little confused. The larger one for the tank is easy as the tank has the tube and fitting. The lower one I kept the hose attached to so I'm good there.

The small one is still a mystery. Can you add some detail to how it was routed? The canister was in the passenger wheel well and I don't recall a line connecting it with the engine upfront. I kept the line (you see in the picture) and the hose connected to the canister when I removed it from my donor so I expected a simple connect in the range of the line in the picture. I also kept every fuel line from my donor just in case. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Vidal, Check out the swapping end for end section in the manual of the intake manifold for pics on the EVAP soleniod connections, It (solenoid ) has a quick connect fitting to the manifold-throttle body. The other end of that line from the solenoid goes to the EVAP cannister. A lot of guys just block off the manifold fitting and forget the EVAP unit. Don't know if that's good or bad.
HTH
Cheers, Jeff

·
Senior Charter Member
2,181 Posts
I still have all that stuff but I do not plan on using it. I plugged all the hose's. My tuner said that he can make it so that it won't show a code.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Vidal, Check out the swapping end for end section in the manual of the intake manifold for pics on the EVAP soleniod connections, It (solenoid ) has a quick connect fitting to the manifold-throttle body. The other end of that line from the solenoid goes to the EVAP cannister. A lot of guys just block off the manifold fitting and forget the EVAP unit. Don't know if that's good or bad.
HTH
Cheers, Jeff
Jeff,
Thanks. I assume there was a fuel/vapor line that was routed to the rear for the canister that I disconnected the short (pictured) line from. I just don't recall where I disconnected it from. I'll check the manual and I take a look at it in my corvette service manual cd. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts