Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
The hissing sound is normal. The regulator on the rail feeds the fuel back to the tank. Rather than guessing, round up a pressure gauge and see what is really happening. You should be able to cycle the key to run and hear and 1 sec. pump run. You will not hear a continuous run unless you jumper the relay. Check the pressure. Also see that it holds pressure and does not bleed down. One cycle of the key will bring the pressure up, then watch to see that it stays there. You can contact me directly if you would like a step by step... 530-243-1992 or 530-945-9000

·
Registered
203 Posts
One more time, you can shot-gun parts in all day but you are not going to fix it unless you get a little scientific about it. I left my ph. numbers on my last post...................if the pump runs continuously you could have ruled out the regulator. Need to go one step at a time or get yourself buried. Don't poke anything with a test light, the impedence will smoke EEC circuits. In EEC school years ago I was taught to never use a test light on any EEC related circuit. I broke the rule once and promptly smoked a circuit in the processor. Take me up on the offer.........I'll walk you through the steps of getting a handle on it...or just load up the shotgun.........and start blasting

1 - 2 of 2 Posts