Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone post the overall measurements of the Fuel Safe cell that FFR sells. Or, post the part number of an aftermarket cell that fits.

Happy motoring!

·
Senior Charter Member
227 Posts
FUEL SAFE # SA110A

·
Charter Member
2,612 Posts
I used the JAZ fuel cell from JEGS. It's 16 Gallon, foam filled, 25x17x9. $169.00. Mounting kit is 19.99. I can take and post a photo if you need one.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,253 Posts
I would like to see a photo if it's not too much trouble.

Thanks

·
Registered
482 Posts
Rob, that is the one with pickups at the bottom of the tank, correct? I'll be using a carb and will need that. It sure sounds a lot better than ~$900 for that Fuel Safe tank. I'd be interested in seeing pics as well. Thanks.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Aeromotive also sells a sumped fuel cell for the Mustang. Off the top of my head I'm thinking 16 gallon and about $475. It's supposed to be a direct replacement to the OEM tank.

·
Charter Member
2,612 Posts
I'll shoot a photo tonight, post it in the morning.

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you Rob and Debo...pics would be appreciated.

·
Charter Member
2,612 Posts
Hope these help. Any questions, you can e-mail or call, 1-800-468-9229, x307. Rob

·
Charter Member
2,612 Posts
Let's try again.

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rob:
Do you intend connecting the filler I see in the pic with the FFR flip-up cap? If so, how? Also, does the JAZ tank come with provision for a sending unit? Do you have the tank part number?

·
Charter Member
2,612 Posts
Oldguy668, the Jaz cell comes with a 0-90 ohm GM sending unit installed. The filler neck you see, is a 45* neck extension wich is an additional $75.00. Some guys cut a hole in the trunk floor and go eith the flush mount, you have to open the trunk every time you get gas. The extension tube should connect with the filler cap with a rubber fuel tank hose. The part number for the cell at JEG'S is 547-252-016-01.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts