Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wilbers 3-way high quality German engineered and built shocks for sale. I used these on my own GTM and they have about 450 miles total driving incl one track day. Asking price: $1900 shipped in the US or local pickup

Spring specs:
65 N/mm front springs = 371 lb/in.
115 N/mm rear springs = 657 lb/in.

The balance is absolutely exquisite with these, light breathing on or off the throttle makes the car do what you want, to turn in perfectly or load rears and hook/accelerate. They are responsive to small changes on the adjustment screws. They keep the nose confident on highways and freeways.

Very high quality pieces and a complete game changer for your GTM vs generic non adjustable shocks.

I am replacing them only because I finally got my much more expensive Ridetech 3-way competition shocks with custom damper curves installed on my car. If I hadn't experienced the Ridetech shocks in the PDG4 racecar in person, I would never have taken the Wilbers shocks off, they simply made my GTM feel superb.

Here are more specs and details from the Wilbers ad:
WILBERS Competition Shock upgrade for Factory Five Racing GTM | eBay
Original retail: $2499 + tax where applicable + shipping

With Wilbers on my car:

·
Junior Charter Member
649 Posts
I'm sure these are better than the black Koni's that I currently have. Would these work with the Stance Aircup's also?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
They are extremely good,

The stroke is ~3” at the shock which means they can technically offer the full advantage of 50mm aircups if your rideheight is set to have 50mm of droop available and 25mm compression, which is the correct ratio for road cars. With the motion ratio turning 3" shock stroke into significantly more at the wheel it's not too complicated.

Only change is that you'd likely have to replaced the front springs with shorter ones (same rate just shorter), this is to make room for the cups that take up just under 1” when flat/resting.

Some very detailed measurements would be needed to confirm; what is your current eye to eye distance on your front shocks when parked?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Do you have a picture of your actual set?Do the front shocks come with that type of mount? I’m interested in these.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here they are. Hard for me to let these go to be honest. I bought other shocks for more money bc I know they are fast on the GTM racecar, but bc the valving didn't come out right yet it is causing a lot of work with removal, shipping, return and downtime. Whereas these Wilbers are h*lluva good shocks plain and simple, dialled in absolutely beautifully for a road going GTM with some track duty. I realize that now going through the actual pains and having trouble to get my more expensive shocks to ride or handle better than these ones. Oh well....

They mount in the stock GTM mounts. The fronts have a note about them in the paperwork to drill new holes above the original front top mounts which isn't difficult, but I even think you can install and check if you like the rideheight before doing that. I feel it depends a lot on your choice of front tire diameter.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shocks still available, boxed up and ready to ship.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sale pending

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sold

1 - 11 of 11 Posts