Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone installed frp crate engine (345 HP)using original intake from donor 5.0 and if so any problems or major headaches in doing so? thanks for any info,also what's the best price out there, so far best price i found is 3100.thanks again,todd.

·
Registered
941 Posts
There should be no problems at all with that combo. I think Ford just raised the prices of their crate engines so thats not a bad price. Like with anything if you shop around long enough you might save a little but FMS crate engines are always a little pricy, but I love mine.

·
Former Roadster Owner
1,861 Posts
Bald Man,

Hey if you are going to spend the cash for a decent engine, dont cheap out with the Factory intake set up. There is a lot to be gained with a aftermarket upper and lower. I am positive you can find many of them floating arround for very resonable prices. Edelbrock, Holley, Trickflow, even ford makes better than stock upper and lowers. --More power = bigger smile.

·
Senior Charter Member
160 Posts
I don't know Fortes prices since he has never answered any of my emails for anything. I got mine from five star ford. Max should be able to give you a better price then 3100. Somewhere around 2850, but you will need some other stuff. send me an email if you would like to know more. [email protected]

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,996 Posts
I just give a call, you might even get to talk to the infamous Cobra Corey. LOL

Store Hours and Contact Information

Monday: 10:00 AM - 7:00PM
Tuesday: 10:00 AM - 7:00PM
Wednesday: 10:00 AM - 5:30PM
Thursday: 10:00 AM - 5:30PM
Friday: 10:00 AM - 4:30PM
Sorry, Forte's Parts Connection
is closed on weekends.
Phone: 781-273-9900
Fax: 781-273-9955

Email: [email protected]

Mail:
Forte's Parts Connection
376 Cambridge Street (Rt. 3A)
Burlington, MA 01803

·
Premium Member
9,134 Posts
Hi Eagles 456,
I don't ever remember seeing any E mails from you. One suggestion, please put a subject in any mail. Everyday I receive about 150-200 spams and delete all that doesn't look like mail directed for me. As for everyones surnames here on the Forum, it's very difficult to recognize names or customers in mail. Please resend any questions or feel free to call me at work or my cell on evenings & weekends.
Mike Forte
781-273-9900
cell: 248-8946

·
Registered
460 Posts
I'm with FORDMANDAN. If you carefully read the small print, the FMS 345hp engine is with a 65mm throttle body, GT40 intake, and headers. You will not get the power using your old intake. Spend just a little more to get the whole package!
Just my thoughts,
Joe

·
Uber-Geek
1,606 Posts
I deliberatly built my engine with the stock intake to start with. This let me get used to the increased power (the cobra is my first high powered vehicle). I've had it this way for about a year. I'm just about to pull the trigger on a 65mm throttle body, 70+mm mass air, and cobra intake. THis should get me to the 315 the engine was rated at (Different version of crate motor)

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,021 Posts
I got mine from Max at Five Star Ford. Best price I could find.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts