Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics of my front susp. as it stands now, still need to put on the spindles, UCA and brackets, but I am not so sure about it as it sits now. Shocks are correct numbers, and are assembled by the bulletin but please feel free to ask anything. This is a 94 GT donor car as well, and the suspension parts all came from the same car. Here are some pics and questions

The question is this. Keep in mind that the lower control arm is bottomed out in this picture and I had to push the shock down about 2 1/2 inches to get the bolt through the mounts(that was fun by the way...). There seems to be no room for adjustment as it stands, I know when the car is on the ground and complete it will compress everything and the LCA will not be bottomed out, but it just does not seem right??

follow up pics a little closer view of the top and bottom.

any thought or suggestions will be helpful!

·
FFCobra Craftsman
24,747 Posts
Are those the bad 12 coil springs? See FFR website for details on how to check your springs.

·
Premium Member
3,110 Posts
Are you sure those are the 273s?

·
Premium Member
3,110 Posts
Here is a pic of an A273 next to an A274. If I remember right, the A273s are ~ 15" long and the A274s are 17".

Your springs look too long to me.

·
Junior Charter Member
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am stumped.

-Laid out and counted like the bulletin my springs have 11 coils. They are 450lb according to the markings on them. They have .445 diameter

-They are A273-T1's, the bulletin calls for A237-T0 as the part number. I did a forum search on this and found quite a few threads, and they all said that FFR told them the part number had changed and that the part number had changed and that they were ok.

-The shock measures 17 in. top to bottom and about 16 center hole to center hole.

Something is out of whack for sure. I have 94 control arms and they are mounted in the correct holes. The control is bottomed out and the shocks are about 2 inches from full extension with the LCA as far down as it will go. I am thinking that there must be a difference in the shock length of those to part numbers. If they were 15 inches they would be on the money I think.

The back shocks are A274-T1's and the bulletin calls for T0 on those too. They are also 17 inches top to bottom.

I am going to call FFR tomorrow and see what they tell me.

·
Premium Member
3,110 Posts
Any news?

I don't think those springs should be much more than 10 inches long. How long are they?

Anyone else got a pair of the Bilstein 450 lb. front springs laying around that aren't compressed that they can measure?

Steve

·
Charter Member
345 Posts
Yep, my A273-T0, 450#, uncompressed springs are 10 inches. I don't think the "T1" makes any difference, but I'm not 100% sure on that. Blownsnakes measurements match what I have.

Cheers,
John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.