Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not heard any negatives about M. Eversons products and I assume this will hold true.

I was looking through replica parts website making a shopping list and was wondering:
Screenshot_20200116-165445_Samsung Internet.jpg

What do people think about this product? I have the Breeze lower mount which it says it's good to have.

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
It's excellent - far superior to the F5-provided aluminum.

John

·
Registered
411 Posts
I saw the picture and made my own. Absolutely love it. Looks good and helps with cooling . Really cleans up the front view of the car. You can’t go wrong. If you add an oil cooler you’ll need to modify it of course.

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
It's a great product, like everything else Mike provides. It's easy to retrofit in a completed car if necessary and if I can modify it to fit my oil cooler (actually PS cooler), then anyone can. My blacked-out look makes it difficult to see the nose aluminum but it's the only shot I have:

Reactions: jhargrove

·
Registered
852 Posts
does anyone have side by side pics of FF's front aluminum pieces and replica part's front piece?
i'm not to this part of the build yet, but would like to see what difference it makes to the appearance of the nose.

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
I looked, I don't have any that display the differences very well. The FFR provided pieces function fine and won't cost you any more money. The difference is almost entirely esthetic, with a small functional nod going to Mike for providing a single formed piece of aluminum to do the job FFR does with 3 relatively flat pieces. Mike's piece offers a radiator front surround that encloses the core area of the radiator on 3 sides in a smooth, uniform curve. FFR's right and left vertical side pieces (if your fit and placement is bang on) will nearly butt up against the horizontal lower/front piece and you might never be aware of the difference between them and Mike's alternative. You can't really alter the geometry of how they go together though. The two vertical sides and a single horizontal piece provided by FFR form a 3-sided, square frame around the radiator core. Its not difficult to see it for what it is with rivets and other attaching hardware visible enough to anyone willing to look closely. Mikes alternative is a beautiful curve that blends in seamlessly with the oval body opening it fits behind. It also hides any attaching hardware both on the sides and the bottom, leaving a cleaner, more finished look.

Sean

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
Yup, mine is powder-coated black.

Sean

Reactions: Toadster

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
...if your fit and placement is bang on...
When I test fit my F5-provided aluminum, it quickly became apparent I would have had to make entirely new pieces to get them to seal correctly.

When you get to the point you're test fitting the body (you're gonna have to do at least one to get the seats in the right place), see if you can lay the F5 pieces in place to see if they're going to work. In my case, it was immediately obvious that Mike's piece was the way to go.

John

·
Not a waxer
11,879 Posts
I just went out to the shop and snapped this pic of Mike's piece on a just completed roadster:

Here is a shot of one with the FFR 3 piece setup:

I've done a bunch of cars with both. Yes, the FFR pieces often need to be trimmed a bit but don't fool yourself, if the radiator angle is off Mike's surround will have to be trimmed also. Functionally either will work so in the end it comes down to an aesthetic thing. Oh, one other thing to keep in mind---although I think it is a good idea to incorporate a lower radiator support the Factory Five system does not require it however it is necessary when using Mike's pice.

Jeff

1 - 15 of 15 Posts