Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone with a front nudge bar measure the distance between the overriders or the overall lenth of the nudgebar where it mounts to the overrider. Also, what is the tube diameter?

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,978 Posts
Just installed mine last week.. it's a bethania garage SS one.. Dimensions from the top of the mounting ears - 29.25" wide; from the bottom of the ears, 28.75" wide. The bar appears to be 1" SS...
ed

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,978 Posts
Yikes! sorry for the big pic.. I resized it in photobucket but it still shows up big here!

·
Premium Member
2,718 Posts
On a related note, is it possible to put the rear one on without dropping the tank if my rear quick jack bolts go in from the outside? I was thinking of a hex OD coupler and threaded rod with shortened sleeves in the back.

-Steve

·
Premium Member
2,718 Posts
It's a done deal then.

-Steve

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Convincor

I have both the overriders and the nudge bar from Bethania. I have it mounted but I'm not very happy with it. The nudge bar seems to be at least a half inch wider then it should. Had to spread the overiders alot to get it in and it's not all the way in between them. I have the mounting bracket installed paralel with the back of the overider. The angle of the nudge bar is way off having 1/2 inch space between the nose and the bar, and almost 2 inches between the bottom of the bar and the body. This angle is set by the angle of the installed overiders, They seem to be too vertical. No adjustment there. Not happy for what they cost.

Dennis

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Yes that looks right but not like mine. Mine are more vertical. The bolt comes in from behind and threads into a plate that is welded inside the overider. There is no adjustment that I can see. Where did you get your overiders?

Dennis

·
Junior Charter Member
1,300 Posts
Installed my Finishline over riders today. The front ones are angled the same as the grille opening. To do this the lower mounting tubes have to be 1/2 inch shorter then the top ones. The rears are straight up and down and approx 1 3/4" from the body.Because of the drop-butt mod, I am going to modify the lower mounting brackets so the bolts will be easier to get to then they are now(impossible to get at the lower bolts with out removing the gas tank). Just one more step in preparation for paint.

Baron

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Baron,

How do the front overiders mechanicaly mount. Does the bolt go through a plate and then have a nut inside the overider? Thats my problem, my plate is threaded and the bolt screws into it. Shortening the tube wouldn't work in my suituation

Dennis

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dennis,
change the bolt to a threaded rod. Shorten your lower tube 1/2" like Baron said above. you'll now use a nut at the frame bracket.
or, take your bottom bolt out, cut 1/2" off the tube and put the tube back in place. put a stack of washers 1/2" high on your lower bolt then put it back in and tighten into overrider.
Either way, the lower sleeve and bolt will be 1/2" shorter.

·
Junior Charter Member
1,300 Posts
Dennis. As Convincor suggested, I used threaded rod. I bent the ends of the threaded rod where it screws into the back of the overider (put it in a vice and bend one to get the angle you want,and then bend the other three to match). First install the threaded rod,then the tube(if you are using FFR overriders,you may have to angle cut the tubes to lay flat against the plate),then I put a flat washer and a lock nut(1/2 the thickness of a regular nut) and tightened the tube to the overrider.Then I installed the whole "assembly" into the frame bracket(s). Now all I have to do is unbolt two nuts(per side) and the overrider,upper and lower mounting tubes come out as one unit. Let me know if this makes sense.

Baron

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Ah ha! The old bend the threaded rod trick!
I guess I'll have to drill out the threads in the plate thats inside the overider? Right?
Sounds like that would work. I'll try it. You have no idea how this is bothering me! It really looks bad.

Thnaks!

Dennis

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by Mr Good Wrench:

I guess I'll have to drill out the threads in the plate thats inside the overider? Right?

Thnaks!

Dennis
NO, the rods still get threaded into the overrider, then slide the sleeves on, (with the bottom one being 1/2" shorter) then insert the rods thru the frame bracket and put a nut on the back. Tighten it up.

·
Junior Charter Member
1,300 Posts
Dennis. Sent you an email.
Baron

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.