Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I admit its been awhile since I tinkered with my FFR. I finally decided to change out my depowered donor steering rack for a true manual rack. I am almost finished with that job, and noticed I still have the ugly donor front lower control arms. Any recommendations for replacing them? Its been about 17 years since I built my car and honestly don't remember if any modifications had to be made to the donor arms. My donor was a 1992 GT. Looking for a quick and simple replacement. Any advice?

·
Charter Member
1,577 Posts
I did the same switch to FFR control arms 5 years ago. Resulted in an obvious improvement in ride quality and handling. Worthwhile upgrade!
Geoff

·
Charter Member
1,577 Posts
Yes. You will need to have another alignment after you change them out. At least I would recommend it as there may be subtle changes which would affect your alignment.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Only problem with the FFR LCA’s is there’s no telling when they will be back in stock. If I had to guess you might be looking at 6 months or more. If you’re in no hurry that’ll work 😁

·
Snake Farmer
10,387 Posts
If you buy a set of FFR control arms, via the classified section of the forum, or from E-bay, Craigslist, etc., etc., make sure you get the proper set. Apparently the pin drive arms FFR sold, were designed slightly different, at the point the shock mounts to the arm.

One thing about the donor lower arms, was they were extremely strong. I never heard of anyone having an issue of any sort with them, other than if wider than donor wheels were installed. Then they had to be notched for clearance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts