Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
6,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd put up a couple of pics of my finished dash. Overall I'm very satisfied. I have heat, wipers and a glovebox. What more could a guy ask for?

It's a little hard to spot but, I put the red alternator light right above the ignition switch and then used both green lights for the turn signals.

I was trying to be as neat as Larry Johnson but I fell way short. Not much you can do with those mechanical gauges though. The terminal blocks for the dash lights are to the right of the gauges. One pos and one neg.

This is the GM headlight switch I got from American Autowire.

FRank

·
Charter Member
2,135 Posts
Very nice and clean, wish I had time to finish mine but I am to busy driving it! Oh well theres always winter....

·
Registered
675 Posts
Frank,

Looks great! I wish my rat's nest of wires looked more like your very clean wiring install. Well done.

Craig

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Looks good, Frank. And you have all the good stuff!

·
6,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys for the compliments.

Craig, I can't get the color of your car out of my head. It really looked beautiful Saturday. You did say that was a Lexus color, correct? I'm getting down to the wire here and will have to make a decision soon.

Redfish, that's the Finish Line glovebox.
Frank

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Nice!!!
Is that a midshift Tremec?
Which shifter handle and knob are those?

·
Super Moderator
29,559 Posts
Great looking dash Frank. I hope you can get it finished by summer for our Ribs and Rides at the Beach event or the Snakes in Seal Beach event.

·
6,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Luis,
Yes it is. That's a slightly cut down Hurst handle and ball. I couldn't find exactly what I wanted "out of the box" so I went this way. I could make one more cut and still be okay before getting into the tapered part of the handle, but this feels good just like this.

Bill, I hope so too. I'm starting to look better and better for getting the body to Jeff Miller next week for paint. :D
Frank

·
What is the speed of dark?
593 Posts
Frank

Holly Cow! That is entirely too neat and organized, especially with the terminal blocks! Are you trying to make the rest of us look bad?

Very nice dash layout.

mikee

1 - 11 of 11 Posts