Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this is a cobra forum but i been talking bout me getting one for so long and a friend ask if there is a company that makes a 55 or 56 t-bird kit i thought maybe you guys can help me help him he found 1 that use vw chassis he dont like that idea he want to use 55 ford chassis and cut it down any help is appreciated
thanks
Chad

·
FFCobra Fanatic
430 Posts
Yes, there are companies out there. Anyone take a picture of the one at Knott's last year? Man, it was gorgeous.

Jim

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
The kit car show at Carlisle, PA is coming up in late May. If traveling to that is an option, you might find something there.

I haven't been to it yet, I'm planning on going this year. If it's anything like the Knotts show, I don't think I'll be disappointed

Charlie

·
FFCobra Fanatic
669 Posts
My family has a ton of 55 - 57 Tbirds and I can tell you that (after helping to restore several of them) your friend can pick one up and restore it for not much more than the Regal Tbird can be built for. The last 56 my dad found in the paper was $2000 (not running of course). Just like the Mustang, there are junkyards dedicated to Tbirds of that year as well as parts places like Larry's Thunderbirds. A real one will be worth more also.

JMO,
P.J.

·
Premium Member
5,526 Posts
I completly agree with P.J., build a real one unless your doing some crazy thing like racing it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts