Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Shade Tree Mechanic
14,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A very nice deputy came out to do a VIN verification. Real car guy, had me start it and tell him all about it. Now all I have to do is get the rest of my paper work down to the DMV. Wish me luck.

[ July 14, 2007, 09:39 AM: Message edited by: Scalded Dog ]

·
4,342 Posts
Congrats!
Like it in gel coat. I'll keep mine that way for a while too until the bank account recovers. Are you leaving the dash uncovered?

·
Shade Tree Mechanic
14,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jim,
No going with CF. Right now the dash is uglier than a mud fence with all the extra holes. Shoulda gotten the blank dash from FFR and I could have done a dash like Garage Freaks (think his is brushed aluminum)

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
It's nice when the inspectors are real car guys and understand what goes into a project like this. For the most part, I don't think the inspectors are opposed to having their picturs taken, after all they are doing their job.

Mine seemed happy.

Your real close now! Enjoy

·
Shade Tree Mechanic
14,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HS,
He couldn't stop asking. We talked about the power and how this car is a "cop magnet". I told him to rest assured I wouldn't be horsing aroung too much ;) since I put so much hard work into it and American Hobbyist would pull my insurance in a heartbeat for reckless driving.

Still have a ton of work, sitting out in the hot sun, the doors must have expanded just enough so they wouldn't open. I have trunk, hood and doors shaved to just barely fit (not 3/16")

Russ

·
Cone Killer
1,781 Posts
Way to go Russ. The car looks great.

·
Junior Charter Member
431 Posts
What did you end up doing about the registration process? Does Douglasville fall under emissions testing?

·
10,171 Posts
Knock on wood, but after 5+years on the road, I have never been pulled. A cop followed me into work one day and just wanted to look...Most cops are car guys anyway...

·
Shade Tree Mechanic
14,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
O.K. Here's a couple of pics to prove it happened. The process was very easy, nice lady at the DMV as well as the nice cop. I went the T22-B route. The lady at the DMV never even asked to see the bill of sale, just proof of insurance, T22-B and my drivers license. I figured I wouldn't push my luck tonight, I'll take a short cruise around tomorrow. Need to get it in on Monday for a front end alignment and Tuesday for a dynotune and I'm ready for the street.

·
Investigating
80 Posts
Congrats Russ! Glad to hear it was easy in D-ville. Hope it's that way in a few years :D

·
Premium Member
18,585 Posts

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Good work! Congrats and enjoy the moment!

·
Senior Charter Member
939 Posts
Way to go Russ, enjoy the drive! Aloha, Karl

·
Cone Killer
1,781 Posts
Very cool Russ.

·
Shade Tree Mechanic
14,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the complements. I need to start a new post called "how to break the worst drought in the history of Georgia" or "I'm legal, now it won't stop raining" We need the rain and I promised the better half I would do a top notch job on the lawn today, but I guess I'll be in the garage fitting the nose and under door aluminum. She can't be pi$$ed at me because of the weather. LOL

1 - 20 of 20 Posts