Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for opinions regarding fresh air vents. Rather then running the hose from the front of the car I've been thinking why not utilize by means of a custom duct work the side vents. It looks like to take up one of the side vents left and right could be enough area to et some good air into the foot boxes. I believe a muffin type fan installed on each side internal to the custo duct work could create a good amount of air flow and maybe the air coming in would be cooler then from the front only because of high road temps during the summer months. Opinions always appreciated and considered.

·
Senior Charter Member
798 Posts
I believe the side vents are utilized to suck hot air out of the engine compartment as you are driving. I just ran mine from the front, inside the wheel well and into the foot box. Not visible from the engine compartment.

·
Junior Charter Member
5,413 Posts
dagall is right. The side vents have air sucked out of them by the Venturi effect while at speed. Placing a fresh air vent there will do nothing except suck air out of the foot box. You will probably also have more heat traped under the hood. I would re-think your plans.
It was an interesting idea though and would have been cool if it were to work. Keep thinking outside the box. That's the fun with these cars.
HTH
Chris

·
1,648 Posts

·
934 Posts
There was a post about using the trans tunnel for a ventilation source asthe pressure built up in that area is significant.HTH

·
12,662 Posts
Originally posted by bchaulk:
Earls set up is the best, it's also an easy install during the build. But I understand yours is already done. Brian
Many folks have installed my kit after the car is complete... The Second One ever installed was installed by me on Dave Van Sleens Car.. The car was complete. I have Many photos on the CD of the install on his car with the body on.. Its a little tuffer, but VERY DOABLE. Probally takes about 50% longer with the body on..

With the body off, its a 3 - 4 hour job. If you had a second one to do, you could do it in two hours or less after satisfying the learning curve..

The instruction CD that comes with the kit has about 100 photos of all phases of the install. One set of photos body off. one set, body on.

If i were building my car today, id probably put both types of vents in place. One thing for sure, the vents to under the car will not blow air during the stop part of Stop-and-go traffic. And Stop-and-go traffic is when you need vents the most.

About 10% of all FFRs have my kit. and todate, I know of no unsatisfied customers. Shooting for 100%.

The more comfortable the "Significant Other" is, the happier every one is....... And the more these cars will be driven. And, the more they are driven, the more we will see them... and we all like to see them on the road.

Earl

[ February 16, 2007, 10:54 AM: Message edited by: CobraEarl ]

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bchaulk The car is still in Centerville. I go down every three weeks or so and start her up. Depending on the weather the nest few weekends I'll drop you a line and maybe we can meet up. I'm about 4 to 5 minutes off exit 5. Rolling Hitch Road.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts