Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

It dosen't look like I will be building another
Roadster any time soon. I was wondering if anybody that lives in my neck of the woods would like to use these rotisserie stands I built for my car. They are especially nice for those doing frame mods and weld cleaning. All I ask is when you are done pass them on to another builder. Let me know.
Mike

·
Charter Member
2,649 Posts
If anyone has ever seen Garage Freak's car you know it is probably the most beautiful Roadster ever built. I'm sure his fixtures are equally finessed. This is a opportunity of a life time.
Go for it!
Bob Mac
FFR3981

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,384 Posts
Mike,

Those are really nice and I sure wish that I'd taken the time to build something like that. I used a rotisserie for a tube aircraft fuselage I built and it was a super time saver. I did a lot of welding mods to the cobra frame and then clean up,primer, new paint. Anybody on here even considering this, I'd put my .02 in and say grab these or build a pair. HUGE time saver and much much better quality finish when painting!

Thanks Mike for offering these to members here. Just another example of the quality of guys here on this forum.

Thanks! Mike M.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is about 60 miles north of Daytona. It is the same Island Kennedy Space center is on. Where will you be Richard?

·
4,318 Posts
Mike, how did the front of the Frame hold up on these? Kirkhams uses them all the time, but they have more strength in the nose than a FFR.
We were discussing using them for FFR but didn't know if the front supports were strong enough.

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
used one for mine also. no problem with the front as far as strenth. Did all the brake/fuel lines and suspension with it on the rotisery

[ February 22, 2007, 07:17 PM: Message edited by: convincor ]

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well from the last post it is proven it holds up. Myself I just did the frame mods and got all the weld cleaned up pryor to powdercoating. If I was going to do the suspension on the rotisserie I would atleast attach the legs together like Convincor did in the above picture.
Mike

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I forgot to comment on the beautiful Kirkham, WOW that got my heart rate up.
Mike

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Andy,
They are just some jigs I made to hold the frame at ride height while I was assembling it. Kept the wheels out of the way. I also used jack stands when the ride height didn't make a difference.
Mike

·
Charter Member
616 Posts
Mike, I am sure someone soon will take you up on your offer. Mike you are very generous to offer your equipment that took a lot of money and skills to make and then all you ask is to pass it along to someone else that is building a Cobra. That's what I plan to do with the body buck, the inverted body buck, door stand and rear axle stand that you gave to me about a year and a half ago. Thanks again!

Jack

·
Premium Member
4,531 Posts
If someone isn't already lined up to get them, I'll see if my Dad will pick 'em up for me.
He lives on Merritt Island.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
TTT,
The stands are still available, It didn't work out for the person that requested them so any other takers?
Mike

1 - 20 of 23 Posts