Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys been away for a bit but back now. Been getting my house ready to sell so once that happens, this happens.. I want the FR500 wheels. LMR sells a package with nittos that I am liking. 315s in back and 245s up front. I asked this months ago but cant find anything I printed out nor on the site. so.. its a 87 fox mustang donor. I am changing the rear axles to 5 lugs and the fronts with the 90 Lincoln mk 7 rotors. Will these wheels work with no issues? There was one reply I got months ago that had them on his car. Thanks for helping me beat the same dead horse again. I have had to replace inner and outer tie rods, a fuel sender and a fuel pump since I was last here. She drives and runs great now. Just need my bling, and away with those 4 lugs.. thanks, Mike

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you and awesome. I appreciate the answer, Mike

·
Too Cheap to paint!
6,371 Posts
Yes, go 5 lug!

I have that exact set-up on my MK II, there are a few tricks to do. Is your s a MK II or III? The width of the body is critical to your wheel/tire choice.

Mine is a MKII, with the FOX 8.8 diff. That combo will not fit without doing things. Either moving upper shock mounts, or spacing the wheels out 1.5. But then you will hit the body. (Mine has the flares for that reason).

If you are MKIII, and SN95 diff, wider is better.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine is an mk3. Been doing more research and think I can get away with 9 inch wide on front and run 255s 10.5 back and 315s. I hope.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh and very nice car by the by..

Reactions: Chepsk8

·
Registered
35 Posts
Oh and very nice car by the by..
Hi guys been away for a bit but back now. Been getting my house ready to sell so once that happens, this happens.. I want the FR500 wheels. LMR sells a package with nittos that I am liking. 315s in back and 245s up front. I asked this months ago but cant find anything I printed out nor on the site. so.. its a 87 fox mustang donor. I am changing the rear axles to 5 lugs and the fronts with the 90 Lincoln mk 7 rotors. Will these wheels work with no issues? There was one reply I got months ago that had them on his car. Thanks for helping me beat the same dead horse again. I have had to replace inner and outer tie rods, a fuel sender and a fuel pump since I was last here. She drives and runs great now. Just need my bling, and away with those 4 lugs.. thanks, Mike
Hi Mike-
I put the FR500s on my 5 lug car with Nittos, 9 inch 245/45 front, 10.5 inch 275/40 rear. I have sn95 PBR caliper brakes with FFR suspension front and 8.8 rear with 10.5" discs rear. The front clearances are fine. I think that the rear would be tight with the body if you went 315...
I think that these wheels look great on the car! I purchased mine through American Muscle, service was good.
I will test my technological skills and see if I can get a picture of the wheels out of my phone and on to this thread.. :))
Happy motoring!
Paul

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. I would love to see them. Mike

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Mike-
I put the FR500s on my 5 lug car with Nittos, 9 inch 245/45 front, 10.5 inch 275/40 rear. I have sn95 PBR caliper brakes with FFR suspension front and 8.8 rear with 10.5" discs rear. The front clearances are fine. I think that the rear would be tight with the body if you went 315...
I think that these wheels look great on the car! I purchased mine through American Muscle, service was good.
I will test my technological skills and see if I can get a picture of the wheels out of my phone and on to this thread.. :))
Happy motoring!
Paul
Thanks. I would love to see them. Mike
See if this turns out OK, had a hard time getting it out of my phone...
IMG_0479-2.jpg

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice. Ta hlooks awesome. Love the look.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok now in English. That looks awesome. I love it. Thanks. Mike

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I used to work for continental general tire. We used the metal ones with the rubber gasket on the inside and outside with the nut to tighten. Worked great, but on the same token, I never had one go bad. (I change them every tire change.) Even the rubber ones, or oe ones. The shrader valves will go occasionally but I've really never had much of an issue with any. So its all preference I suppose. I do like the metal ones, they look better to me, but that's just me, and I'm told I'm not really all that right in the head.

Reactions: Real time recon
1 - 14 of 14 Posts