Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3500 wonderful miles on my black & blue beauty. I did the FMS M-1126A five-lung Fox axle/drum rear conversion during the build. I'm running 15" Team-III AC wheels. I'm also running the 3/4" - 3/4" dual CNC master cylinder – no adjustment/metering block and no booster. ( I don't need no stinking booster :) )

It's time to upgrade to rear discs. So I'm assuming that means the 10.125" Turbo-Coupe setup...

I see three (maybe more) forum vendors who offer rear disc conversion kits for the 5-lug fox setup: Forte's, Breeze, and North Racecars. I would like some help sorting out the differences between the component content of the three kits offered by these gentlemen. How do they differ from each other in terms of what is and what is not included in each kit (think Breeze kits #71029 & #71009; I don't have part numbers for Richard's and Mike's "kits") ???

For the record: All three of these gentlemen helped me a lot during my build, have been great suppliers to me, and are long-time supporters of this forum and this community. So this post isn't about bottom-feeding. I'm just trying to understand what's in and what's out of each kit so I can make an informed decision to meet my needs.

So... can someone who understands the nuances of the "kits" from these great vendors tutor me a bit on how they differ?

Cheers,
Sherrell

·
Registered
846 Posts
Agree that all 3 vendors are great to deal with. And worth supporting!
I have the turbo coupe solution. Richard is very knowledgable as are Mark at Breeze and Gordon at Levy Racing. You may want to consider what your driving habits will be and decide what you get. Gordon will have high end braking from Willwood, Richard has a really good setup with the turbo coupe or Mustang rear brakes and Mark can deliver the whole turbo coupe or mustang solution as well.
Are you racing? Weekend autocross? Cruising? Those are the questions you need to consider. All 3 can deliver a great solution with great support. You will need to decide who to buy from based on your past experience with each.
Just my .02
Tom

·
Registered
11,831 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
25,991 Posts
I just took a look at all the websites. The one thing that stands out to me is the Breeze T-bird calipers. I can't find actual specs to compare them to the Mustang calipers but they look to be larger w/ larger pads. If you can confirm that w/ Mark, then they are the ones to go with. FFRs allways need more rear brake than the Mustang stuff offers.

·
Banned
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guys,

No racing. Maybe an occasional autocross. One of the issues I have to deal with is that I only run 15" wheels because I love the vintage look. I believe this rules out some of the upgrade options you've mentioned. There's no room for big rotors...

Sherrell

·
Pro FFR Builder and Moderator
14,824 Posts
My 12.2" rear kit fit 15" wheels just fine.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I went to Mark at Breeze for his Turbo Coupe conversion kit. Everything was included, he had it in stock, his price was competitive and he gives good "phone". IMHO, he is a good vendor to work with.

Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.