Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK ...... 3524 is finished and runs perfect but I miss the build experience. It's time for a Mark III for my 427 block. My question is what are the best street performance aluminum heads, intake, carb and cam for this horse. I don't mind stroking it some so advise about stroker kits would be welcome. I would like it to be street able and I think 500 hp is doable.

Hey if it was yours and you had a reasonably decent budget how would you spec it out?

Mike M.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is there no FE gurus out there. I sure could use some sage advice.

Mike M.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
I'm no FE guru, but I've been doing my homework for my own FE build. I'll be using a 390 block and stroker crank for 445 ci. I feel the Edelbrock heads are the best heads for the money. They supposedly outperform most factory FE heads, and ae aluminum. I'll be using a Ford aluminum intake, with an NOS Holley 715 carb with Lemans bowls. Haven't decided on the cam yet. Hope this helps.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,899 Posts
Like sal mentioned the Edelbrock heads are the best bang for the buck. Keith Craft Racing offers a stage 2 Edel head ported and polished. The Scat stroker kits are nice and come in std FE and BBC strokes. The intake you can go with a vintage Ford or Edel aftermarket. Maybe dual fours even. I would give Keith Craft a call to see what packages they offer. They are building some of the highest HP FE's out there (over 700 hp)and are well versed. I'd say you can get that sideoiler well over 600hp easy. G.

·
Pro FFR Builder and Moderator
14,802 Posts
having build several SO engines, the best all around parts you can use is the Edebrock heads and intake and use a Holley 750 4150 series carb. I have a couple of very good cam profiles for this type of engine. I would also use a set of Harlan Sharp roller rockers. You can get a very confortable 500hp out of this package. The last SO we did is a tunnel port engine that is right at 600hp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts