Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Professional Internet Browser
9,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a samll run of manuals from last srping that have a misprinted gas cap driliing pattern. The printer resized it without permission. When I used it to drill my cap, it ruined the cap. FFR is giving me a replacement, but I just wanted to warn all of you incase you had not reached this step. The pattern should be the same size as the flange on the cap bottom, not a little smaller as mine was.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
849 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up Aaron. I made a note to be sure and check it.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,852 Posts
Thanks
TEC

·
Administrator
9,772 Posts
Also be sure to un-screw the top part before drilling. I ruined one by not doing that and the bit touched the sites and fried it.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
5,514 Posts
I figured out the size difference before I drilled, guess I was lucky eh!

Mike

·
FFCobra Craftsman
3,806 Posts
That is a long running error. Mine was like that and my manual arrived in Dec.2000. I noticed the size problem before drilling any holes.

·
FFR Driver
2,154 Posts
Originally posted by PAB:
That is a long running error. Mine was like that and my manual arrived in Dec.2000. I noticed the size problem before drilling any holes.
Ditto. I just laid it on the cap base saw it was off and punched the holes inward prior to drilling. And do make sure to take the assy apart so you don't ruin the cap when drilling. :eek:

·
9,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I feel like an IDIOT for not checking, but I did say why ae the holes so close? to myself. I just figured it was some weird quirk lol.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Thanks for the heads up!
Mike

·
3,701 Posts
I wanted six, equally spaced holes - so I made this diagram. NOTE This was to scale for me, but might not be for you due to differences in printers, etc - but, you should at least be able to use the lines to get the proper spacing of the holes (if you want 6 bolts)

·
Senior Charter Member
618 Posts
I posted about this back in July and all of the responses I got said that nobody was aware of any problems with the templates.

All of my templates are to small. tail lights, head lights, gas cap etc...

measure twice and cut once

Becareful
Cody

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,253 Posts
Alot of my templates are small...I ignored them and use the written dimensions...the ones that I have anyway...!

·
Registered
886 Posts
Not only are the templates too small, the indents in the molded bodies themselves no longer correspond to where the screw holes go for things like the tail lights, tag light, etc. Check everything before you drill.

Leonard

·
9,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Everything else was precut, so I was fine. I just hope FFR comes through with a new part and a new diagram for me.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
3,806 Posts
I took the FFR template to work and re-sized it on the copy machine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.