Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Classic Format Fan
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home from work yesterday and I came across a 65 notchback that from the street looked to be in decent shape, so I stopped to take a look. It is a 289, Auto trans, power brakes and A/C. I talked with the guy selling it for his mom and he said that the car was brought here (central Ohio) in 1989 from California and his mom had bought it as a toy. The metal is all solid, but the chrome is in sad shape. The paint is a $89 Macco job done in the 80s. The interior is white and seats have been recovered and are in good condition, but the dash and the kick pannels are pretty scuffed up. The head liner looked OK. The car has 80,000 miles on it. It's not a project that I was looking for but with the uncommon options on it, I thought it might be worth restoring. The guy was asking $4,500 for it. Any ideas what it would be worth?

Things I know that would need to be replaced.
Paint
Some minor body work. The rear bumper was creased and the back panel was slightly pushed in.(looks like it was backed into a pole)
All Chrome redone (It's all there just pitted)
Interior carpet
Dash pad
Trunk liner
Ball Joints
Air Conditioning Repaired

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,177 Posts
Sounds like a fair price to me.Remember with that car you can keep it for ever.There are a whole bunch of suppliers where you can get every piece of that pony car from bumper to bumper.NICE! no computers,converters,injectors or smog pumps.only bad part is the rear wheel drive (freakin snow).

·
3,798 Posts
As the owner of four early stangs and a Shelby, it sounds like a very good deal. Like Groundshaker said, every almost every part is available in reproduction or NOS depending upon what your bubget is. I would say go for it, the AC alone is worth around $1500-2000 depending upin condition of the unit in the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts