Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good afternoon everyone I am looking for a timeframe to install forte throttle linkage in my cobra if anyone of you has an idea about how long it took you I would greatly appreciate it thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
New build or retrofit?

You'll need an appropriate pedal box of course...

John

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
if your engine is already in, and the top of the foot box is still off, you could get this done within an hour. not sure how long it would take if you are retrofitting this in. make sure you have hardened drill bits and cutting oil to be able to drill through the SS rod. I used a roll pin to secure the rod to the arms.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I installed Forte's kit on a completed car as well as my new build. Completed car took about 2.5 hours. Most of that time was spend making sure I was drilling in the right place that would not cause any bad geometry in the linkage. New car install was only an hour. We did it before we put the powertrain in.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I installed my linkage before the engine was installed, but waited to drill the roll pin for the arm in the engine bay to make sure it lined up with the throttle body.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
23,856 Posts
How ever long it takes it will be worth it. I did mine on a completed car so it wasn't much fun. But the first test drive was fantastic, fantastically un-drivable. The reduction in friction made it so the pedal effort was so light it was impossible to drive smoothly. I went around one block, back to the garage, and added a second return spring to the carb. Then I knew it was all worth while.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I agree on the two return springs. I installed before the engine was here, so it went very smoothly. Depending on how you want to install the mounts to the firewall, it helps to have access behind the dash. The normal thickness firewall is a bit flimsy for the mounts, so many either install to/through the frame tube or reinforce the firewall above the frame tube. I did the second, using a stout piece of aluminum angle riveted to the top of the frame tube behind the dash and backing up to the firewall.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts