Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· FFCobra Fanatic
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey fellas,

I don't often wander outside the roadster or off topic forums but I figured this is specific enough to warrant a post here. I did a search and it looks like this has not been posted yet.

Ford Strokers dot com has opened a new web site SBFBuilding.com Small block ford engine building video site that apparently contains instructional videos on building SBF engines. Be aware that it is a "pay for membership" site EDIT: and is quite expensive.

Please note that I am not yet a member, nor am I associated with either sbfbuilding.com or fordstrokers.com in any way. I'm just passing along info I've run across.

· Registered
1,077 Posts
I agree, I thought it was very expensive.

· Charter Member
897 Posts
Yep, a bit on the high side. For 20 bucks, I picked up a good book that tells me what to do and what to look for.

Granted it's not a video. But I can sit on the throne and read it when needed as well as take it anywhere I want to when I want to. I'm not tied to a computer or other device.

· FFCobra Fanatic
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
...I picked up a good book that tells me what to do and what to look for... I can sit on the throne and read it when needed as well as take it anywhere I want to when I want to. I'm not tied to a computer or other device.
Agreed. I've also got a few "throne" books...

"How To Rebuild Small-Block Ford Engines" by Tom Monroe
"How To Rebuild The Small-Block Ford" & "How To Build Big-Inch Ford Small Blocks" by George Reid.
"Ford Windsor Small Block Performance" by Isaac Martin.

I also picked up a DVD on Ebay, "Building The HP Racing Ford 351-W SB Engine", by seller nitrousfueler. He builds a 410W. It's a great companion to the books. I just checked and it seems that title is not available anymore, however he's now selling a newly titled 410 stroker build. Maybe it's an updated version...

Category 1, Building Racing Engines Videos items in ford store on eBay!

As for eBay DVDs... I also bought one sold by seller ezsautomotive. It's really cheesy and not nearly as detailed as this one from seller nitrousfueler (Ideal Productions)

· Charter Member
897 Posts
I've got the top two on your list along with a what fits what Ford book, how to build a SBC and how to build a big inch SBC. I've even got my first haynes manual from 1972. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.