Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
7,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for these valve covers for a 5.0 EFI but can't seem to find them. I only find them for carbed cars. Anyone know where I can get a set or what the part number is?
I don't like the newer stamped steel set that have the raised lettering.

·
2010 FFCars Graduate
3,032 Posts
I just looked in the 2007 FRPP catalog and those look like part number M-6582-R302. They are only listed for carb applications.
I was wondering if they couldn't still be used by using two M-6766-G302 push in style breather caps and blocking off the hose connector on one of them with some sort of large vacuum cap?
At 3.75 inches tall I think there may be a clearance problem with the upper intake.
Seems I read of that somewhere.

·
Charter Member
1,326 Posts
Mike I think they only make them one way and for EFI you have to add a phenolic spacer between the upper and lower intakes for them to fit.

Scott

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
You can find adapters that fit into the breather opening that give you the "fill pipe" for an EFI engine.

Just add the fill pipe with a small barb fitting on the side for your throttle body hose and these will work. Mr. gasket sells these extension tubes in push on and twist on styles.

You MIGHT need a upper plenum spacer for these to clear on a long runner EFI manifold.

HTH...
Mark

·
Charter Member
4,001 Posts
Mike :
If you do need a Phenolic spacer I have a new one and can't use it with my setup.
Paul M.

·
7,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys...I probably should have included the fact that I am runnign the mass flo system with an oval cobra air cleaner.

So, if I just get the fill pipe, I should be set...No?

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
If you're running mass-flo you don't even need the fill pipe!

Just put two breathers in the holes, or a PCV in the passenger side and a breather/fill cap in the other and call it a day...

Sorry I didn't see the Mass-Flo mention in your sig...

Mark

·
Premium Member
9,134 Posts
Hi Mike,
I have 2 sets of these on the shelf ready to ship. I also have gaskets & spacers if needed.
Mike Forte

1 - 8 of 8 Posts