Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm at the local Ford dealer this morning, hoping to drool on a new Mustang. No joy there. They had one the day before, but sold it in 2.5 hours.

So the salesman hands me a brochure for a Ford GT. You know, the new GT-40. I suck in my breath, and say I'd give my left nut for this car. He chuckles. Heck, I've got two kids already, I'd give both nuts for this car! He laughs.

I say that this car is way out of my price range. He then proceeds to tell me that the first few cars went for big bux, because of low production numbers. But now they are a lot cheaper. They sold the last one they had for $36,500.

Yeah. Right. I'm sure he was confusing this GT-40 replica for a Mustang GT. Which (IMO) is grossly overpriced at $36,500.

I didn't get to see the new Mustang. But I made him laugh, he made me laugh. We talked Mustangs. We talked cars. It was a great morning! Well worth the drive over. Jim's going to call me when they get another GT on the lot.

·
Just Glad to be here - back to working on the car
1,633 Posts
He's missing more than a "1" oput front.

The MSRP is $139,995.00 plus shipping, plus "dealer prep", plus, plus, plus.....

I'm number 4 in line at a local dealer that will have 2 this year. I've had several offers for the car. The dealer won't let you sell your place in line, he charges $1.00 for your place and you have to sign a contract that you will either buy the car when available or relinquish your place in line to the next person for $1.00.

·
2,372 Posts
A friend of mine is a friend of Herb Chambers(The largest Ford dealer in New England) Herb has 3 GT-40's allotted at the moment.One for Him,One for his son,.And one for an undisclosed customer.It will be months before he gets anymore. Price is $150,000 plus.
My friend wanted to trade in his Porsche Carrara Turbo to get his foot in the door.He was advised to hang onto the Turbo for another year or two,Then make a request for the GT-40

1 - 4 of 4 Posts