Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Sale - Ford FE (390/427) aluminum low-rise 2x4 intake, dual carbs, linkage, fuel log, air cleaners (small round, and large oval finned) & carb manual.

Details:
Intake: C3AE-9425-K (k is stamped) Aliminum low-rise 2x4 intake
Carbs: 2 Holley 4160 450 CFM carbs, p/n R 9776. Chokeless, mechanical secondaries
2x4 fuel log
2x4 linkage
8" round chrome air cleaners
oval finned aluminum air cleaner (not pictured)
Holley 4150/4160 Handbook by Mike Urich

Everything new cost over $1300, has less than 500 miles on it, and is in good shape (actually still on the car & running).

Pics here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/higgorama/CobraIntake

I'm not sure what the current market is for this, but am willing to take offers!
Let me know if you need any more information or want specific pictures.

·
Banned
184 Posts
I'm interested in your intake assembly

Hi, I have a FFR kit on its way in the next couple of weeks and am looking for this type of setup. I am rebuilding a 390 so this would be the setup I need. Please give me a call/text at 919-760-5871 to discuss further. Thanks!

Matt Mancini
919-760-5871

·
Junior Charter Member
1,100 Posts
Hi, I have a FFR kit on its way in the next couple of weeks and am looking for this type of setup. I am rebuilding a 390 so this would be the setup I need. Please give me a call/text at 919-760-5871 to discuss further. Thanks!

Matt Mancini
919-760-5871
Matt

Welcome to the crowd.

Dan

·
Junior Charter Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sold

Hi Matt - welcome to the FFR Club - hope you have as much fun with the build as I did! Unfortunately, the intake and carbs have already been sold.

Mike

·
Banned
184 Posts
Hi Matt - welcome to the FFR Club - hope you have as much fun with the build as I did! Unfortunately, the intake and carbs have already been sold.

Mike
Thanks for the warm welcome! Bummer on the parts being sold. I'm looking forward to getting to know the community better, hey quick question, why were you selling? Did you swap out to a single carb? Thanks!!

Matt
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Junior Charter Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Matt,

My dyno results showed that the dual 450s on the 390 weren't working well with the rest of the engine and for my intended use - I wanted something more streetable that makes power starting around 1500 rpm. The setup I had would have been great for racing ;-) I'm going to order the edelbrock performer RPM (added bonus is the ports will match my heads), and a holley 4150 750 dp. I didn't think much about it when I was building the engine (1 carb is good, 2 has to be better, right?) but I would definitely recommend finding a good mechanic and talking it through.

Mike

·
Junior Charter Member
526 Posts
450's

I'm running dual 450's on a MR intake on my 428...took a while to dial in..it runs great! 6.5 pv, #60 jets....starts and idles
Jon

·
Banned
184 Posts
Thanks for the great feedback guys, I know I will be using a dual quad setup. I want this build to be as period correct as poosible and am not building for performance alone. Saltshaker, can you give me more specs on your setup? What did the dialing in process entail? Thanks for the tips guys, I appreciate your willingness to help!

Matt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts