Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a set of heads from a 1996 - 1998 Ford Explorer/Mountaineer. I just want them for a core to rebuild. If you have them give me a call or email. (208) 528-2327. Allan

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Allan,
You should look on ebay. I saw a set that was currently selling for $99. You might find something close to you to save on shipping. Good luck!

·
Big Sky Builder
2,633 Posts
Allan,
You should look on ebay. I saw a set that was currently selling for $99. You might find something close to you to save on shipping. Good luck!
This is what I did, $99 is pretty cheap. You might check the corral.net guys too, lots of them going out.

I paid $300 for mine shipped off ebay, in great condition, and assembled. I just pulled the rods out of the original E7's and reused the springs and rockers. 2 sides to that argument, but it worked for me.

Once you look at replacing everything, you're approaching the cost of the Edel $1000 aluminum pair, so make sure you do the math. For me, reusing the other stuff saved me enough to make it worth it and cheap.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found my heads

I was able to purchase my set for the price listed here. I was pretty pleased. I got them delivered to me while I was visiting friends in Phoenix. I am hopeful I can overcome the exhaust port issues and find the other parts I need to get my motor built. Its not the best head on the market, but its pretty nice for a stock head. I have a F303 cam ready to stuff into my 351W motor. I am excited to get it in. I will be running a/c and p/s on the motor and have the roller motor converted over to run a 4V Holley Carb. I have a set of hooker headers I need to modify a little to make it work.

This next year I need to play with some serious fiberglass repairs. Hopefully people here will have a little experience on that subject to help me out.

Allan

:snake:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts